Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Some Assembly Required


Milestone achieved - first BBQ at the new house!  There was definitely some preparation work to be done before we could accomplish it, though.  The grill I bought was $40-$50 marked down from $80 at Home Depot.  As it turns out, grills (and lawnmowers) go on sale just before winter.  I highly recommend buying them then if you have the luxury of doing so.

My grill came in about fifty different parts.  Normally I don't read the instructions, but I'm glad I did this time. I would have missed something very important.  My grill has plastic handles that connect to a stainless steel base.  If you're not careful, the bolts will heat from inside the grill and potentially damage the plastic.  That is why you will probably get some washers that are specially designed to dampen that heat.  They're easy to overlook because they look a lot like the normal ones..  Everything else was fairly self-explanatory.

In the end, the BBQ went great.  Both of our families enjoyed BSing around the table and watching the World Series game.  I also built a beer pong table this past weekend, so look forward to some details on that in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment